Tuesday, June 4, 2013

So Good

Andrés helped me to make tomato sauce this evening. He (and Pau) picked fresh basil, garlic chives, and parsley from our garden. Andrés peeled and shredded a carrot while I chopped garlic and eggplant. Andés added the salt, pepper, and oregano. I poured in 2 cans of chopped tomato and he stirred. He let simmer. He seasoned the chicken then watched me brown it in the pan before adding it to the sauce. He salted and oiled the water for the spaghetti. He waited, patiently, for the water to boil and pasta to cook.

Finally, when it was all ready and time to eat, Andrés helped himself to a huge portion of spaghetti which he mixed with a large spoonful of the tomato sauce. After eating quietly for a little while he said,

"Mama, it's so good I don't even taste the vegetables!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But vegetables are good for you! This kid is smart and a great worker. When is he going to get a job? I can't wait!!